Social media is a funny beast sometimes.
Yesterday on Twitter, I managed to:
- Discuss the shooting location for Modern Love
with a Twitter pal who's a massive prog nut (Shepherd's Bush Tube station, incidentally)
- Have a sobering talk about a friend's customers with substance addictions (while she was hiding as one of them smashed the place up)
- Complain about O2 censoring sites on 3G with their crap porn filter after angua
found herself on the receiving end of it (And I only made one joke about ladygardens after a gardening site I was on was blocked.)
- Finish a discussion with an online friend in America who, while he holds views on things like guns that I disagree with, is able to have an interesting and articulate debate about it
- Talk about creative writing with the girlfriend of the legendary paperghost
. Thanks to her I'm now aware of the existence of Bata, Bata… Pa'no Ka Ginawa?
and she's sending me the link to the English version shortly
- Laugh at the original Doctor Who theme
with a listener to the WoW podcast I guested on a while back
And, on top of all that, I totally overcompensated for Monday's writer's block and wrote over 3000 words of novel.
MORE DAYS LIKE THIS, PLEASE.